- This event has passed.
Lunch n’ Learn: Non-Profit Governance & Financial Awareness
October 18, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:15 pmFree
Facing increased governance scrutiny, non-profit organizations are finding themselves at greater risk as both a tax-exempt organization and with board members themselves. Whether your role is executive director, volunteer, chair, or advocate, this session will create a higher level of financial awareness and governance for all within the non-profit leadership.
- If you are in leadership, have you considered the importance of communicating all legal obligations and guiding principles to your board members?
- Have you developed a comprehensive and cohesive training session?
- Are you a volunteer, asked to serve as “treasurer” or monitor “budgeting” matters?
Key topics will include:
- Most Common Guidance and Terminology
- Financial Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Internal Control
- Financial Reporting and Monitoring
- External Audits
- Finance/Audit Committees
- IRS Reporting
- ASU 2016-14; Considerable Changes to the Financial Reporting Framework of Non-Profit Organizations
To attend this session, please register here with your preference to join us in-person at our Greensboro office or via webinar. If you are joining us online, you will receive webinar log-in information 24 hours before the event.
DMJ & Co., PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
*This course is eligible for 1.5 credit hour of CPE.