As a client and colleague of our firm, we are sharing with you a message sent to our employees on Friday, June 5, 2020.
In recent days, unhealed social wounds have been brought painfully into focus across the nation.
We are compelled to join the collective voices across our country that call for change around racial disparities and inequities in our country and community.
The first three words of DMJ’s value statement reads as such: We value people.
Put simply, we believe in the respect for people, human life, and the dignity of all individuals. This guiding principle must extend to the communities in which we lead and serve, our local municipalities, and our neighbors.
Earlier this year, I signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge, a rally to the business community to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. I hope that together as a collective force, we can champion the principles of change.
The reality is that actions speak louder than words. I want to make our commitment clear as we move towards action.
- We reject racism and intolerance.
- We embrace our responsibility to make sure everyone feels supported and heard.
- We pledge to listen and act on suggestions from colleagues and community members on how to be a better partner to fight racial injustice.
- We will treat each other with fairness and compassion.
- We will seek understanding and listen to other’s experiences.
We stand with you. This is just the beginning of many important conversations. We stand committed for the road ahead and ask for healing and wholeness for all members of our community.
Managing Partner, DMJ & Co., PLLC