DMJ & Co., PLLC (DMJ), a Top 300 CPA and accounting firm, is pleased to announce the promotion of the following accounting firm professionals in the firm’s Greensboro, North Carolina office:
- Laura Hartley, CPA, has been promoted to Audit Manager. Laura joined DMJ in 2009 and works specifically with many of DMJ’s audits, reviews, and other attestation engagements. She is responsible for planning and supervising engagements of various businesses, organizations, and non-profits (including compliance-related audits) for the firm. Before joining DMJ, Laura earned a B.S. and M.A. in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Mike Smith, CPA, a consultant with DMJ Healthcare Consulting, has been promoted to supervisor. Mike joined DMJ’s healthcare consulting division in 2016 and works directly with healthcare professionals and practices. He has more than eight years of experience as an accounting professional handling tax planning and compliance for corporations, partnerships, and individuals, especially those within the healthcare sector. He also has significant experience in personal financial planning. Mike earned a B.A. from Rollins College, an M.A. from Vanderbilt, and an M.S. in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Mason Barringer, CPA, has been promoted to supervisor. Mason joined the firm in 2014 and is primarily responsible for preparing basic individual and/or corporate tax returns; preparing financial statements, performing components of audits, and general accounting duties. Mason earned his B.S. in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He currently serves as a selected member of the NCACPA’s Young CPA Cabinet.
- Kayla Weber, CPA, has been promoted to senior accountant. She is responsible for tax preparation and research, and general accounting and related consulting services. Kayla joined DMJ in 2017 and is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville where she received a B.S. in Accounting.
In addition, the following professionals have been promoted in DMJ’s Durham, North Carolina office:
- Cheryl DeCastro, CPA, has been promoted to supervisor. Cheryl provides clients with tax preparation, general accounting, and related consulting services. She joined DMJ in 2014 and is a graduate of University of North Carolina at Greensboro where she received a B.S. degree in Accounting.
Lastly, the following professional has been promoted in DMJ’s Sanford, North Carolina office:
- Drew Haddock, CPA, has been promoted to Tax Manager. Drew works in the Sanford office and works directly with clients on tax planning and compliance for corporations, partnerships, and individuals, especially closely-held businesses within the auto dealership, specialty finance, real estate, and agri-business industries. Drew also has significant experience in multi-state tax returns and addressing business advisory needs. Drew earned a B.S. degree in Accounting from North Carolina State University and a M.S. in Accounting from East Carolina University.
ABOUT DMJ & Co., PLLC
Established in 1949, DMJ is a Top 300 CPA firm with offices in Greensboro, Durham, and Sanford, North Carolina. DMJ offers an array of services including certified public accounting, wealth management, and medical and dental practice consulting. It also provides a host of specialized services such as technology and international tax consulting, cost segregation, ERISA audits, and succession planning for privately-held businesses. For more information about DMJ and its long-term affiliation with CPAmerica International, visit www.dmj.com.