DMJ & Co., PLLC (DMJ), a Top 300 CPA and accounting firm, is pleased to announce the promotion of the following accounting firm professionals in the firm’s Greensboro, North Carolina office, effective immediately:
- Keith Jarmusch, CPA, has been promoted to Senior Manager. Keith joined DMJ as a Tax Manager in 2007. With over twenty years of combined experience in industry and in public accounting, Keith maintains the unique knowledge of how day-to-day issues affect clients and the daily challenges they face. He earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Youngstown State University.
- Alicia Williams, PHR, SHRM-CP, has been promoted to Chief HR Officer (CHRO). Alicia joined DMJ in 2011 as a Human Resources Administrator. She is skilled in talent management, customer service, deferred compensation, employee benefit design, and new hire orientations. She earned her B.S. in Administrative Services, with a focus in Business, from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
- Caren Rodriguez has been promoted to Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). Caren joined DMJ in 2006 as a Director of Marketing. She manages firm-wide marketing and business development initiatives that span three office locations across North Carolina. Her responsibilities include communications, public relations, brand development, strategic and industry partnerships, marketing strategy, and digital media efforts. Caren earned her B.S. in Communications from North Carolina State University and is a Leadership North Carolina alumna. She is also a member of the Association of Accounting Marketing, where she previously served two terms on the Board of Directors.
- Shirley Weigel, CPA, Partner, has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer (COO). Shirley joined DMJ in 1990. Since that time, she has worked in the accounting and auditing department and was promoted to Partner in January 2011. She is responsible for planning and supervising engagements of various businesses in the areas of distribution, non-profit organizations, manufacturing, professional services, and construction. In addition to client responsibilities, Shirley also dedicates her time to overseeing firm administration. Shirley earned her B.S. in Accounting and Management from Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
DURHAM, NC – In addition, the following professionals have been promoted in DMJ & Co., PLLC’s Durham, North Carolina office:
- Jeff Marko, CPA, has been promoted to Senior Manager. Jeff joined DMJ in 2018 and provides a variety of services, including international and domestic tax consulting and compliance, business entity structure and planning, individual income tax planning, ASC 740 tax provision services, FIN 48 documentation and analysis, state tax nexus studies, and IRS correspondence. Before joining DMJ, Jeff worked for a large nationally recognized accounting firm in Raleigh, North Carolina, as a Tax Manager. Jeff earned his Bachelors and Masters in Accounting at North Carolina State University.
- Drew Steel, CPA, has been promoted to Senior Manager. Drew joined DMJ in 2017 and has more than ten years of public accounting experience working directly on individual taxation and taxation of closely-held businesses for a variety of industries, including hospitality, contracting, and manufacturing with multi-state operations. Prior to joining DMJ, Drew worked for a mid-sized public accounting firm in Connecticut as an accounting manager. Drew earned a B.S. and MBA from Southern Connecticut State in Business Management.
SANFORD, NC – Lastly, the following professional has been promoted in DMJ’s Sanford, North Carolina office:
- Drew Haddock, CPA, has been promoted to Senior Manager. Drew joined the firm in 2017 and is primarily responsible for tax planning and compliance for corporations, partnerships, and individuals, especially closely-held businesses within the auto dealership, specialty finance, manufacturing, real estate, and agri-business industries. He also currently serves on the NCACPA Tax Committee and State Employees’ Credit Union Local Advisory Board. Drew earned his M.S. in Accounting from East Carolina University and his B.S. in Accounting from North Carolina State.
ABOUT DMJ & Co., PLLC
Established in 1949, DMJ is a Top 300 CPA firm with offices in Greensboro, Durham, and Sanford, North Carolina. DMJ offers an array of services, including certified public accounting, wealth management, and medical and dental practice consulting. It also provides a host of specialized services, such as technology and international tax consulting, cost segregation, ERISA audits, and succession planning for privately-held businesses. For more information about DMJ and its long-term affiliation with CPAmerica, Inc., visit www.dmj.com.