The internship will provide college students at their junior or senior level insight as they begin their accounting career as well as provide an inside look at the career path opportunities in a professional service firm. Interns work directly with DMJ staff on various accounting assignments and participate in actual tax and audit compliance engagements.
In addition, as we actively seek talented, professional and qualified individuals to join our firm, the program gives DMJ the opportunity to get acquainted with and evaluate potential candidates for permanent hire upon college graduation.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Learn appropriate firm policies and procedures.
- Learn appropriate portions of the firm’s accounting, auditing, and tax software systems.
- Become familiar with workpaper documentation methods.
- Provide assistance with accounting procedures as needed.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Accounting Major
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- This is a paid internship and the student must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible based upon the student’s availability and the firm’s needs.
- Internships are available at our locations in Durham, Greensboro, and Sanford, NC.
- The duration of the internship will be approximately 3-4 months beginning January through April.
- Interested students can submit their resume via dmj.com/careers or email@example.com, fax to 336-553-2381, or mail to DMJ & Co., PLLC Attn: Human Resources Administrator, 703 Green Valley Rd, Suite 201, Greensboro, NC 27408
- If you are attending a Meet the Firms event, we will also accept resumes during the event.